Pages

Wednesday 20 March 2019

You Got A Bone To Pick?

I feel like the fact I'm doing musical theatre for music comes as no surprise to literally anyone who has been on my blog in the past 5 months. I mean, it's me we're talking about here

1. Who are you performing with?
I am performing with the only two people in my class that can actually stand me, Jaime and Nadia. Check them out, their blogs are a lot more professional than mine... so... They are both incredible singers and performers so I'm pretty thankful they're letting me work with them :)

2. Which type of performing art are you performing?
Can you guess? *Drum roll please* Musical theatre! What else is new? Don't expect anything less than extra from any of us.


3. What song/theme are you performing and why?
After a lot of thinking, a few ideas thrown around (including a Frozen medley because why not) and a bit of persuasion from Mrs Beer to do something edgier than Frozen, we decided to go with one of the "edgiest" musicals we could think of. Heathers. More specifically Candy Store. No, not Candy Shop. It's a trio sung by the infamous singing traffic lights. The original musical b**ches. Step aside Schuyler Sisters, here come the Heathers. Why? Well, Nadia and I both like Heathers and after exposing Jaime to the horrors of what it is, she liked it too. What other reason would we need? Also, we were inspired by the video to the right. It is iconic.


4. What are we starting with first?
As a group, we'll probably start with lyrics, lines, or choreography, luckily we've already decided who will be who. I will be Heather McNamara (nicknamed Heather McNamarama because pronunciation) Jaime will be Heather Duke (nicknamed Heather Duck because of the photo to the left.) And Nadia will be Heather Chandler for obvious reasons.




Other than that? That's about it, actually. I really hope we can pull this together in three weeks. I mean, if we can do a full musical in that time, one song should be fine. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.