Pages

Monday 25 March 2019

Bird, Circles, Circles, Circles... What Else? Oh, More Circles

In Art this year, we have been working on stylisation, positive and negative space, lino cutting, layering, and orphist. We were given the task to take a bird, stylise it, make linocuts out of them, take the orphist idea, create two backgrounds as linocuts then take all three and layer them. These are the three cuts that I have done so far

Layer one of Orphism.                                            My bird.                                                 Layer two of Orphism



I chose to do the mahua bird. I took my original bird drawing and 'flattened' it to create a stencil, to do this, I took prominent shapes from the bird and ultimately stuck them together. For the background, I wanted to have them completely opposite, with one layer having the negative space as the feature and the other having the positive as the feature. So far, I want the layers to be the different primary colours, why? Because I think they'll work well together. Or at least, I hope they will. Below are my ideas and sketches :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.