Pages

Thursday 29 August 2019

A Stone Age Artist

Stone Age Art!

So in the stone age, people didn't exactly have paintbrushes. Or paint. Instead, they would use their hands or sticks to work with dyes from berries or flowers, sometimes even crushed up rocks. They used techniques like this to tell stories, whether through hidden meanings or literal pictures. 
You could find these pictures--paintings, rather--on the rocky walls of caves. 

In our last two lessons of social studies, we were tasked to plan and create our own stone age art on the walls of the older buildings. These buildings will probably be knocked down soon, so it's fine!






To your right here is my plan. Ignore the fact it looks like it was inked on by an angry squid. Are they the ones with ink?

This is proof that I actually painted and put effort into my painting.

Yes, I am using a paintbrush. Don't judge me, I don't like getting paint on my hands, okay?! 

The whole process was very fun but kind of irritating when I picked up sand rather than putting down paint.

This is my final product. I cut out one of my animal creatures because of spacing issues.
What exactly is going on here? Well, it looks like these people are hunting the early ancestors of the alpaca. I don't know man, these were meant to be giraffes but they look more like llamas and alpacas.

And for sh*ts and giggles, here's a video of us 10Hh idiots
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.