Pages

Thursday 22 March 2018

Word Vomit Week 1

For the first 10 minutes of two English lessons a week, we are given the task to write a short story with specific words that we have to use. This week's words/items were apple, rabbit, crayon, math textbook and an oar

Here is this weeks writing;
I stare down at my maths textbook, the words and numbers a blur.  All that really sticks out is a blurry image of a crayon, how intriguing. I rub my eyes to try and get rid of the sudden blur. While I have my eyes close, I feel a strange difference around me. "What the-" I try to open my eyes. I'm sitting in a boat on a lake, an oar sitting across my lap. "How the hell?" I try to stand up, I wobble and end up falling into the deep, murky water. I hold my breath and open my eyes. What the…

I’m amazed at what I see. It’s… an underwater… city? There are houses and apartments made out of gold tinted metal, parks and playgrounds galore. How could such a small seeming lake hold such wondrous treasures? I slowly begin to swim to the bottom of the “lake” when something brightly coloured catches my eye. An… Apple? Everything else here is so… monotone but here is some out of place apple!? It’s not floating, nor is it sinking. It’s just… there. I reach down for the apple but something else distracts me. Whatever it was, it flew past my face. I look around, trying to find the answer. “Hello?” I widen my eyes. Did… Did I just speak perfectly normal… underwater? What is this place?


“Hello!?” I try again, no response. At least not until I see something else move...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.