Pages

Thursday 13 February 2020

What is Your Why?

Barely two weeks in, we are hitting the ground running. Our main focus so far has been our 'Kaupapa' or our 'why.' Why have we made what we have made? What is the purpose, the concept? 

So, as level one students, we had to choose artists and themes from this matrix:
This year, I'd like to focus on...
From the first list - Shane Cotton & Lisa Reihana. 
From the second list - Roy Lichtenstein & Yoshitomo Nara
And from the last list, I'd like to focus on the sports design/photography line, inspired by artists like Rinko Kawauchi and the Photo Roman video I watched

These are my ideas!






    Sorry about my handwriting, but basically I'd like to use photography as the main medium but combine it with other mediums such as printing and painting.
     I'd like my subjects to be centred around people and dark figures, maybe combining them with other things to give more meaning. As a plan b, or something else, I'd like to incorporate things like cameras or very decade-base items.
     After some more thought, my kaupapa may be more around things such as equality, seeing things through others' perspectives, changes in point of views, changes in values etc. and I hope to use my medium and my subjects to present these ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora sam.

    I am thinking you like the narrative feel of photo roman.

    Your list is quite a diverse one, and I wonder if you have a few too many ideas at this point! I am almost wondering if it is worth challenging you to using a shane cotton composition with a grid, but taking sports motifs and constructing an image that is photography/collage based to start with... It is one of those ideas I am seeing in my head that you cant see...

    I also wonder about the sequence thing around a team sport and how you could use that in a photo roman format. within that you could actually focus on some of your emotive elements, like the struggle to play well and get things right. Im looking forward to speaking to you around this! See you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.