Pages

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Sometimes I Go Out By Myself And I Get Really Bad Anxiety

My first ever proper solo! Holy heck!! So, I ended up singing Valerie, which was a bit difficult because, if you don't know, I'm a soprano and never really sing in my chest voice. Let's talk about it!
My Solo!

I chose to do Valerie because it's one of my karaoke songs! Also because our vocal coach was like you should do this song and I was like cool. I have this playlist called 'Road tunes' and it's on it so ^-^
I was pretty alright with my performance. I did it. I didn't have a panic attack or cry and I got an excellence so :p
Like I said before, the thing I found challenging about this song was probably the deeper parts. While I can sing in my chest voice, it's not the most comfortable thing to do so I struggled with pushing it out a bit.
I'm going to do the musical theatre song, 'Burn,' from Hamilton. So, I'd like to incorporate my acting stuff and work on my use of register.

lol bye

1 comment:

  1. Sam, I can always rely on you to come up with a snappy title! Thank you I appreciate it! ;) Sam this was a great song for you, I think it pushed you out of your comfort zone in terms of genre and you really understood the context of the song. I think developing strength in your lower register would definitely be a good idea! Can't wait to hear Burn, I love that you have chosen two contrasting pieces. This really highlights the versatility of your voice!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.