Pages

Saturday 19 September 2020

Art Update

Okay, so. Apparently, I've completely given up even trying to come up with art-related puns.

In good news, I have an actual update!! With actual finished pieces!! Wow, Sam completing her artwork? Completely unheard of... nonetheless, in the past... 4 weeks (Damn, I'm really good at keeping up to date with my blog posts) I've done quite a bit of work. Relatively, at least. I have completed two more works and have 2 works in progress :D Alongside this I have been thinking about how I want to set up my artboard. 

So let's get started!

 With time slowly yet surely running out, it's time to think about how I was to layout my portfolio. I won't take credit for the one on the right, that was Mrs Clemance's doing. The one on the left was what I had in mind originally. There are pros and cons to both, in my opinion. With my idea, it's going to take up a lot of space, leaving less work to fit onto one board. With Mrs' it's a bit less cohesive (at least currently with the ideas I have in mind.) but it fits more onto one board and seems a little neater.

And now for what I've actually been working on! Here are my two "Finished" work.

This one is the one that inspired my art board's theme as a whole (The Hand Life Dealt). It's supposed to symbolise life as this kind of poker game, where those who are coloured are given a really sh***y hand of cards and those who are white have a much better chance at winning. 


This is my second. It's apart of my black lives matter fist series. I'm aware that the colour of the POC hand's palm is wrong but I'm not some Picasso and I'm very sorry. Anyway, I chose the colours because purple symbolises power (hence it being with the white fist), yellow is the complementary colour to purple and because dark skin always looks so good with yellow.

For my WIPs, one, apart of the same series as the one above, is currently just an American flag that is half pastel and half monochrome. I plan to draw a peace sign on it then paint it grey in the colour and brown in the monochrome.

This one is apart of the dripping blood series thingy. It's one half of a pair. This one will most likely be crying blood while the other will cry red white and blue. 


Okay, that's all. See you whenever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.