Pages

Tuesday 27 November 2018

If You Love Me, Let Me Go.

Today's task: A Letter to your Writer’s Block

It’s time for you and Writer’s Block to part ways. 
Write a letter breaking up with Writer’s Block, starting out with, 
“Dear Writer’s Block, it’s not you, it’s me … .”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Writers Block…

It’s not you. It’s me.

Okay, I’m sorry, that’s a very cliche thing to say. I’ll try that again. This, whatever we had, can’t go on any longer. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it wasn’t good for either of us. Through most of this relationship, I couldn’t even do work in class, it was that bad!

Remember that time I was in English, and you just showed up out of the blue? You continued to pester me for the entire lesson and the only work I could actually do was write my name and the date. What about that time I was trying to write for fun at home? You literally wouldn't go away for an entire day! You randomly went away in the middle of the night and I couldn't remember any of my idea the next day!

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, you're incredible, really, just... not for me. You need to understand, this decision is quite hard for me to make but if either of us wants to go anywhere, or be happy in life, it's only best for the both of us. I apologise but from now on, each of us needs to go our separate ways. It's been nice knowing you.

Maybe we could still be friends?

Sincerely,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.